Five decades of experience
Owner, President & General Adjuster
American Claims Service, Ltd was founded February, 1968 by Ferd Ratajack. Jeff Ratajack began working with American Claims Service in June 1980, and became owner in 1990. We have been serving the Chicago area, northeast Illinois, Northwest Indiana and the surrounding counties with exceptional service since 1968.
- National Association of Independent Insurance Adjusters
- Claims Association of Greater Chicago
- Recognized as Best Guide of Independent Adjusters
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
Litigation and Management Experience
- Mediation and Mandatory Settlement Conference Attendee for the Companies
- Third Party Administration
- Litigation Management
- File and Claim Procedure Audits for the Illinois Department of Insurance/Office of the Special Deputy and Minnesota Department of Insurance
Over 30 years of experience | Adjuster License # 809064 | References available upon request.
Professional Adjusting Staff
Our professional staff has the ability to handle claims from beginning to end. Our claims adjusters are negotiators. Not only do then obtain the information, but they know how to weigh the factors and when to settle. An intelligent approach to coverage analysis, liability issues, nature and extent of damages, together with jurisdiction and legal doctrines enable them to assist you in determining the best value of a claim.
Our appraisers have insurance company adjusting backgrounds that allow them to complement your claims staff in the adjustment of automobile, tractors and trailers, heavy equipment, marine, recreational vehicle and property claims.